Two very young Conversationalist.
A young Child, 4 years of age, Said to me Mr. Willie “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” Matthew 8:20
A teenaged lady, Said to me. Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
I was sitting at a public restaurant reading and studying the the scriptures in preparing for a symbiotic public conversation, during the 2017 Gospel Festival.
The restaurant was fairly crowded with people. I was sitting on the south side of the building facing west. Three tables from me, was an apparently young child standing on the chair at the table where two adult were also seated. A man, with his back to me and a women facing me.
To the North west side of the building and isle over in between our table there were seated an apparent teenager, an adult man, and an adult lady.
I was wearing a large Name Tag with the name Willie, written in large bold laters, for easy identification.
As I was beginning to get comfortable and focus on reading the scriptures, when suddenly I heard what I though was my name being pronounce by a fairly young sounding voice.
sure enough, I looked up and so this child looking at me, as we both made eye contact. The adult lady sitting at the table, called him by his name and said no, not Willie, Mr. Willie! Friend I remember feeling kind of bad for the child. I felt he was being scolded. However at the same time I felt and understood, that the lady speaking to him was trying to teach him…train him…I later found out that she was his mother and the man sitting at the table was his father.
Well as I try to go back to Reading and Studying the Scriptures, I found my self thinking about what had just occurred! So before I could process my thoughts, all of a sudden this young child that was standing on the chair at the table, was now standing right in front of me! And before a was able to say a word to him, he Said to me:
Mr. Willie! “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” Matthew 8:20
Friends, I wish I would have recorded my facial expressions, body language, reactions, and my thoughts!!!!!!!!
I looked at this young child, that was standing right in front of me. I could no longer ignore him. I could not go back to reading studying the Scriptures. This child had asked permission from his parents to engage me in his conversation!!
I looked at him and Asked? How young are you? He lifts his hand and held up 4 fingers and said four!!!! And I Asked a second question what is your Name? And he told me…
All these things were happening simultaneously…I was not sure what to Do or Say, next? However, I did know what to Ask? (It did turned out to be the right question)
I Asked? Did anyone hear what this young man just Said to me! And while I was Asking, and trying to Process all that is happening, my thought Process, was interrupted, by yet another very young sounding voice!
The teenager, sitting next isle, with her parents, Said this: Well,“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
Then, how, I do not know? However, I had the presence of mind to Ask the mother of the 4 year old. How does he know these Scriptures? Her response was, we have been training him, teaching him the Scriptures memorizations since he was about 2 years old!!!
At some point, I remember Exclaiming this question and statement: What is this what is happening in this place? Is this a Public Worship? Is today Sunday by chance? Wow! This is Amazing!
Then the conversation began to progress with the parents involved now. The teenage girl, father began asking me questions about my Bible Reading? In this part of the conversation with him. He informed me that he was there to share his testimony at the Gospel Festival. Wow!
Friends this was an Amazing And Remarkable Conversation, Sharing Life experiences, and Time of Worship in this Public Place…the public we enter into Worship…total strangers, we were!!!!!!!!
This all happen because these two sets of total strangers parent hat taking their time to Prepare to Train their Children with the Scriptures Information for Conversations!!!!!!!
Friends they are Equip for Conversations. And Worship at any time any place with any stranger! The Parent teaching their children. The children putting in to practice what they have heard and learned from their parents!!!!!!!
FRIENDS WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE FOLLOWING JOURNEYS AND CONVERSATIONS?
Are John and Jesus involved in this conversation between Elizabeth and Mary? And what seems to be the mentioning and participation of the Holy Spirit?
How about JESUS, Conversing with the teachers, and all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers. And His Parents. at 12 years of age?
1st JOURNEY AND CONVERSATIONS
- In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a town in Judah,
- and she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth.
- And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit,
- and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!
- And why is this granted to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
- For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.
- And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.”
2ND JOURNEY AND CONVERSATIONS
- but supposing him to be in the group they went a day’s journey, but then they began to search for him among their relatives and acquaintances,
- and when they did not find him, they returned to Jerusalem, searching for him.
- After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.
- And all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers.
- And when his parents saw him, they were astonished. And his mother said to him, “Son, why have you treated us so? Behold, your father and I have been searching for you in great distress.”
- And he said to them, “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father’s house?”
- And they did not understand the saying that he spoke to them.
- And he went down with them and came to Nazareth and was submissive to them. And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart.
- And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.